A workshop about the “Use of data science methods to map the research response to Covid-19″ took place last 28th June by video-conference, in the context of the use of big data to support policy making, and paying special attention to Commission-funded research projects and activity in EU member states.
Going beyond the traditional approaches of analyzing data, the EURITO project showcased a series of analyzes on:
- Covid-19 related activity in Cordis
- Covid-19 related to open science research
- Cord19 dataset of all Covid-19 related publications
- Global benchmarking of Covid-19 research using the Covid R&D project tracker
- Covid-19 related activity in OpenAIRE including evidence of impact of EU-funded projects on Covid-19 related research activities
In the event, more than 50 policymakers from the EC participated, sharing their views and needs regarding the use of data science methods for policy making, and discussing the results obtained, and the opportunities and limitations within the data sources and methods applied.